Pinellas Educational Support Professionals Association
Why Should I Join?
We offer tons of member benefits. When you join, you also become a member of AFT, NEA, AFL-CIO, and FEA. These organizations could save you money on anything from restarurant visits to buying a new home. You also get discounts on legal help, free trainings, discounts on tax preparation, and even movie tickets.
There is always more to learn about the features listed above. To learn more, you can call us at: (727) 585-6518.
What would we do Without PESPA?
What does this mean for Educational Support
1. Without PESPA, no one would represent ESP’s at the bargaining table to
improve wages, hours, and working conditions.
2. ESP's who are called into meetings that could lead to discipline, would be
3. The contract negotiated by PESPA on behalf of ESP's would become
invalid and all contractual rights therein would cease to be in effect. I don't belong to PESPA, why should I care if they are not around?
1. PESPA fights to maintain family health coverage for all employees.
2. PESPA fights to enforce an entire contract filled with employee rights.
3. PESPA negotiated the Certificate of Distinction I & II and offers support
toward achieving it.
4. PESPA bargains your wages, benefits and working conditions.
5. PESPA guarantees you receive due process rights for discipline.
6. PESPA ensures that all jobs are not reduced to part time.
7. PESPA fights to make sure that every employee is placed and not laid off
when units are cut.
8. PESPA offers professional advocates, should your job be in jeopardy - and, if needed, the best labor attorneys in the business.
9. PESPA is your VOICE! PESPA FAQ's?
Q: How much are dues?
A: Dues are currently 20 $16.46 bi-weekly payroll deductions.
Q: When do dues come out?
A: As soon as you receive your first full bi-weekly paycheck.
Q: Do I pay dues over the summer?
A: No, dues are not deducted over the summer. How Do I Join?
PESPA Membership Form
For support staff.
Print out this form and sent it in to join.
Fax: (727) 586 - 6722
Pony: Route #2 Attn. Lexi Sarang
Mail: 650 Seminole Blvd. Largo, Fl 33770
* For maintenance workers, cafeteria workers, and bus drivers, please contact SEIU.
Copyright © 2017 by PCTA-PESPA. All Rights Reserved.